About: The lifestyle
Britta Ambauen Jewelry is designed for the modern woman in all of us who is unique, adventurous, hard-working, and intentional. Our jewelry is for every woman with designs created to accentuate the uniqueness of your personality to help you continue being the most authentic, unapologetic, version of yourself. Each design is mindfully created to help you stay inspired – to remind you of a moment, to push you towards your goal, and to be yourself.
In addition to being beautiful, every piece of jewelry we design is embedded with distinct feelings and emotions from moments in our lives that pushed us to create. For you, maybe the inspiration found in our jewelry is a source of encouragement that will motivate you to create something for yourself, pursue your dreams, curate the lifestyle you want, be the person you are regardless of stigmas or stereotypes, or maybe our jewelry will symbolize a community of women who are unapologetically themselves, here for each other, and motivated to break those glass-ceilings.
About: The Maker
I like making things; jewelry, etchings, leather bags, love, cioppino, dresses, memories, paintings, kombucha, flour-less chocolate tortes, journals, ceramic smoking pipes, salad dressing… and many things yet to be discovered. I feel so, very grateful to have the opportunity to make things with my hands everyday and share them with others.
Do you accept returns and exchanges?
We sure do! Our first priority is to make you a happy customer. We want to to feel like doing a few dance steps every time you put on your jewelry, or get a little giddy watching your best friend gasp as she opens her special gift. With that goal in mind, here's what we can do for you:
- Any item can be returned within 14 days of purchase for a full refund.
- Exchanges or alterations of undamaged jewelry are accepted within one month of purchase. (You'll be responsible for shipping the item back to us, but we'll cover shipping when we send the new item back to you.)
- Repairs are accepted at anytime. Repairs are usually free of charge, but there may be a small fee depending on the situation. If you have an item that need some love, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-579-5770
- In all cases, please send jewelry back to us in packaging that protects the item from being tangled or crushed. Include a note with your name, your contact info, and a note explaining your request (if applicable):
Britta Ambauen, 3131 Western Ave, Ste 320, Seattle WA 98121
What is 14K gold fill?
Great question, we get this one often. 14K gold fill is a metal with a layer of 14K gold that is heat and pressure bonded to the surface of bronze. The layer of gold is about 100 times thicker than the layer on a "gold plated" metal. The surface is hypoallergenic and tarnish resistant. The layer of gold can be scraped off, but it doesn't rub off under to normal jewelry-wearing conditions. We choose to work with 14K gold fill, because it's a high quality, more affordable alternative to solid 14K gold. Any item we offer in 14K gold fill can be made in solid 14K or 18K gold upon request. Contact us at email@example.com for a price quote.
Here's a description of how 14K gold fill metals are made, straight from our supplier: https://www.riogrande.com/Content/How-Gold-Filled-Is-Made-HT-psd
How do I care for my jewelry?
Our jewelry likes holding your hand as you stroll through the park, going out to dinner, and some pieces are even thrilled by water skiing. Beyond quality time with you, we have a few tips for how to care for your lovely things. Sterling silver and bronze naturally tarnish with exposure to oxygen.
- When you're not wearing your jewelry, keep it in a small plastic bag to slow down the tarnishing process.
- When items do become tarnished, gently rub them with a jewelry safe polishing cloth. For items that have hard-to-rub area, we love the Mini Ultrasonic Cleaner from Rio Grande.
- Have something that's hard to clean? your welcome to send it back to us for the royal treatment!
Do you accept custom order requests?
Absolutely. We can work with you to create something completely new, or modify an existing design by changing a chain length, pendant size, metal type, or gemstone. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-579-5770 with custom order requests. Here’s how the process will work:
- Send me an email explaining your vision for the project. It can be as simple as, “I’d like a ring with a blue stone,” or as elaborate as a story about your daughter’s gymnastics career and how you’d like to create something special to honor all of her hard work and talent. Please include any photos that help explain your idea, a price range (if you have one in mind), and a due date (if you need the project finished by a certain date.)
- I’ll get back to you as soon as possible, asking questions, offering ideas, and providing sketches.
- Once we have a clear vision of the project, I’ll write up a proposal for you to review, including a detailed description of the project, a sketch, timeline, and price.
- When the proposal is accepted, you’ll receive an online invoice. Depending on the project, you’ll be asked to put down a deposit, or pay in full before work begins.
- We’ll go to work creating you custom design. When it’s finished, we’ll send you photos and a tracking number.
Can I visit the studio?
For sure! We'll pop some Topo Chico and show you around. Our location is a studio, not a brick and mortar store. Rather than a display, you'll see work spaces, tools, an easel with a half-finished painting, a pile of papers on my desk, the "product wall", and a shipping station. We're here every weekday, so make an appointment and come on by!
Contact Britta at britta@brittaambauen or 303-579-5770. We're located at 3131 Western Ave, Ste 320, Seattle WA 98121