Do you accept returns and exchanges?
We sure do! Our first priority is to make you a happy customer. We want to to feel like doing a few dance steps every time you put on your jewelry, or get a little giddy watching your best friend gasp as she opens her special gift. With that goal in mind, here's what we can do for you:
- Any item can be returned within 14 days of purchase for a full refund.
- Exchanges or alterations of undamaged jewelry are accepted within one month of purchase. (You'll be responsible for shipping the item back to us, but we'll cover shipping when we send the new item back to you.)
- Repairs are accepted at anytime. Repairs are usually free of charge, but there may be a small fee depending on the situation. If you have an item that need some love, contact us at email@example.com or 303-579-5770
- In all cases, please send jewelry back to us in packaging that protects the item from being tangled or crushed. Include a note with your name, your contact info, and a note explaining your request (if applicable):
Britta Ambauen, 3131 Western Ave, Ste 320, Seattle WA 98121
What is 14K gold fill?
Great question, we get this one often. 14K gold fill is a metal with a layer of 14K gold that is heat and pressure bonded to the surface of bronze. The layer of gold is about 100 times thicker than the layer on a "gold plated" metal. The surface is hypoallergenic and tarnish resistant. The layer of gold can be scraped off, but it doesn't rub off under to normal jewelry-wearing conditions. We choose to work with 14K gold fill, because it's a high quality, more affordable alternative to solid 14K gold. Any item we offer in 14K gold fill can be made in solid 14K or 18K gold upon request. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a price quote.
Here's a description of how 14K gold fill metals are made, straight from our supplier: https://www.riogrande.com/Content/How-Gold-Filled-Is-Made-HT-psd
How do I care for my jewelry?
Our jewelry likes holding your hand as you stroll through the park, going out to dinner, and some pieces are even thrilled by water skiing. Beyond quality time with you, we have a few tips for how to care for your lovely things. Sterling silver and bronze naturally tarnish with exposure to oxygen.
- When you're not wearing your jewelry, keep it in a small plastic bag to slow down the tarnishing process.
- When items do become tarnished, gently rub them with a jewelry safe polishing cloth. For items that have hard-to-rub area, we love the Mini Ultrasonic Cleaner from Rio Grande.
- Have something that's hard to clean? your welcome to send it back to us for the royal treatment!
How Long Will it take to receive my order?
Most orders ship within two business days, but if it will take longer for any reason, we will reach out by email with an expected ship date. The number of days in transit will depend on your selected shipping speed. USPS Priority generally delivers within 1-3 days, depending on location. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
How will my jewelry be packaged?
Each order comes packaged in a gift box. If you order includes multiple items, we may package more then one item in the same box. If you would like a separate gift box for each individual item, please let us know in your order notes, and we would be happy to accommodate! You are also welcome to request a short gift message, and we will hand write your words on a tag, and attach it to the gift box with ribbon. Lovely!
Do you accept custom order requests?
Absolutely. We can work with you to create something completely new, or modify an existing design by changing a chain length, pendant size, metal type, or gemstone. Please reach out to email@example.com or 303-579-5770 with custom order requests.
Can I visit the studio?
For sure! We'll make you a coffee and show you around. Our space is mainly a jewelry-making studio, but we have a small showroom available for visitors anytime time we are working. We don't keep regular business hours, but please reach out by phone or email with 24 hours notice to make an appointment, or take your chances and just swing by! To learn about "sip and shop" events, or class opportunities, be sure to join our email list at the very top of the web page. We look forward to seeing you!
Contact Britta at britta@brittaambauen or 303-579-5770.
We're located at 3131 Western Ave, Ste 320, Seattle WA 98121